LETTER TO A DRUG ADDICT - The Frontline NG

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

7 Jun 2018

LETTER TO A DRUG ADDICT



This is a poem I am dedicating this poem to somebody like me battling drug addiction; It's never too late to quit, you better be safe than sorry. I present:

Dear son,
When I heard the stories of your suffering and misery
I couldn't help but watch my heart break into sorrowful pieces
I buried my soul in the melody of soulful music
Listening to haunting ballads of lost love and loneliness
as I resorted into sheer melancholy

I didn't want the reports to run me mad
Cause I wondered; when did it get so bad
You had a heart as fearless as the lion,
I envied your mental strength cause they were as strong as an iron
But How did it get this worse? Why did you run off course
Choosing to bear such unbearable curse?

But you see, this question is what keeps haunting me
Come day, come night
And to be honest, everything's no longer right
Even your future doesn't seem bright!

I never brought you up this way
I never taught you smoking marijuana was the way
Neither did I show you the path of codeine as the solution to your problems
But you see, you have lost every bit of dignity
Ever since you chose to thread this path of insanity

I don't get why you tried so hard to be who you are not
Or why you were so desperate to become what you are not
Why you were so bent on fitting into where you didn't belong
I don't know!
Will you ever tell me?! Will I ever know?

Will I ever know who you were trying to please or what you were trying to prove
Will I ever know what was troubling you so much that you tried so hard to keep or what were you trying so hard to forget
Whatever it was, drug was and is never the way out
Because  it promises nothing but total black out
It blacks out your life and causes you untold strife
You might think you are enjoying life
But this tale is like the story of a sharp knife
Lying in ambush under the earth,
waiting for you step on it and cause you sudden death

Look what drug has done to you
Look how bitter and angry you have become
Look how It has torn your soul apart
Ripping your very essence to shreds
Behold, in my presence, you are a walking dead
Your have mixed chemicals together and now your eyes are dirty
The red in it makes you nothing less than a zombie
You are damn high, high on the dosage of cocaine
When will you stop living in this vein so your life won't be in vain

Dear son, hear me out
I want you to kick every negative mentality out
Abandon the smoke and say goodbye to the coke
Promise me you will stop living like a dog
and you will end your romance with every form of drug
Cause with drug today, comes despair tomorrow
And do not be deceived, your future is not tomorrow
It is now and it's time you made it WOW!

Dear son, It's not too late
You better be safe than sorry
Come, let's merry
As we begin together, your journey to redemption now and forever more.

©Heazy Black

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Widget is loading comments...