Adele Hints At Retirement - The Frontline NG

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

30 Jun 2017

Adele Hints At Retirement

English balladeer Adele, one of the top- selling artists of the 21st century, says she may retire from live performances as she winds up a massive tour .
The 29- year -old singer thanked fans in a message Thursday night at London’ s Wembley Arena , where she is playing four final shows on a 123-date global tour.
“ Touring is a peculiar thing. It doesn ’ t suit me particularly well, ” said a handwritten note included in the program , which several fans posted on social media.
“ I ’ m a real homebody and I get so much joy in the small things . Plus I ’ m dramatic and have a terrible history of touring, ” she wrote.
“ I wanted my final shows to be in London because I don’ t know if I ’ ll ever tour again and so I want my last time to be at home, ” she wrote.
Adele has defied pop formulas by winning massive fan bases through mournful, nostalgic ballads such as “ Someone Like You” and “ Hello ” off back - to -back blockbuster albums “ 21” and “ 25. ”
Adele has frequently spoken of suffering stage -fright and disappeared from the public eye for several years, during which she had a son , before releasing “ 25” in 2015.
She has kept packing arenas despite eschewing the on -stage theatrics that have become commonplace for top- tier pop stars.
Her tour took her across Europe, North America , Australia and New Zealand .
In Los Angeles, she broke a record by selling out eight consecutive shows at the Staples Center.

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Widget is loading comments...