KÉKERÉ - The Frontline NG

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

10 Aug 2018

KÉKERÉ

Photo Credit: Fihintography



Kékeré
This one thing, I ask of you,
Even as we lock ourselves in each others' arms
Savouring the heat of our passionate embrace
Not minding the presence of the onlooking Silhouettist
Nor him closely watching behind his anxious lens,
Contemplating whether or not 
To present our glorious bodies like dark shapes
Against the setting sun,
Tell me, now face to face
That you won't join your peers who claim
 "all men are the same"
That you won't join them in propagating such derogatory remark about people like me
People like me who have guard your heart with utmost care
People like me who take your love as priority
People like me who see your smile on every cloud
Your reflection on every window
People like me who wish you were part of my ribs so I'd never have to spend a day without you
Tell me, tell me
 Though I am might not worthy to be called a man yet
But boys in the end, become men
The mustard seed of our love in the end, grow to become the largest tree in the vineyard.
Those remarks hurt
They sadden
And eventually destroy

Kékeré
I know I have defects
I make mistakes
And I have faults
But that's what makes us human right?
We are not perfect
We do what we always do
Battle our defects
Correct our mistakes
And rise again
We are not perfect
And I am proud to fall into that category




©Olaleye Bolu

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Widget is loading comments...