Count Us As One - The Frontline NG

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

10 Aug 2018

Count Us As One


Photo Credit: Fihintography


Everything all comes down to the fact that
I have a life just like you do, even though it's not ours;
A fact that makes both of us guilty of the same offence;
Guilty of claiming ours, what was borrowed
And using it carelessly without the intent
of returning it
But that's who we are right?
Or at least, what we have made ourselves become;
Greedy and ungrateful humans
Now
Don't get me wrong
I am not trying to start a fight
I am simply trying to stress 
Just like you, I am human too
Like you, I have feelings, even emotions
So you know, even boys cry
Like you, I have off days and days I am at my happiest
I shouldn't feign strong when deep down I am weak
I shouldn't hide my pains when they bite deep into my soul
Because I am supposed to be the "tough" one,
Unshakable and unbreakable
C'mon
Please
Even Jesus, in human form, proved breakable
Carrying His cross before being eventually crucified
The highs and lows
The joy and sorrow
The struggles and the breakthroughs
The pain and the enjoyment
The heart and mind
Feelings and emotions
They make us humans
We might be of different race
Distinct culture
Opposite sex
But being humans?
makes us one
Count us as one



©Olaleye Bolu

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Widget is loading comments...